In the world of professionals, it’s essential that you are capable of managing yourself well. Those who do become excellent leaders. Self leadership means learning how to work with other individuals in a productive, focused, and profitable way. The more you know yourself, your skills, strengths, and weaknesses, the easier for you to handle your work and your team.
Below are some suggestions for self leadership:
1. Become self aware. Being self aware is vital in understanding what type of leadership style suits for you best. As you understand more about the things you are good at, the things you love to do, the things you’re passionate about, you’re more able to develop a effective leadership style. The very first one you should lead is yourself.
2. Be accountable for your own actions and behaviour. Build an advisory group to help you make good strategic decisions and provide you with feedback on your performance. Decide on what is essential and make sure you do it. Ask the members of your team to review what you’ve done and give additional feedback.
3. Be trustworthy and trust your team.When you become trustworthy and you trust them, you gain their loyalty.
4. Have a time-off. Hang a “Power Hour” sign on your door and don’t let anyone to interrupt your time-off. Meet with your team members before doing so. This is to let them know what you’re doing, and your purpose of doing it. Also, you would want to inform them about the procedure for addressing calls and clients. You have to have undisturbed time to finish your work well and in a timely fashion.
5. Recognize when you have outrun your abilities. When you see that your skills and capabilities are inadequate for a certain job, hire an individual who can do it. For example, if you can’t manage the cash flow, get a bookkeeper and an accountant.
6. Open yourself to being changed. Listen very well to your team members. You’ll definitely learn a many helpful things.You will be surprised to learn that you may need to change some things in your style of leadership to boost the morale and productivity of employees. Let go of very old leadership concepts, such as managing by fear.
7. Become a servant leader. Consider it your duty and honor to serve your team and clients. Just thinking in this manner will help you improve the way you lead and manage people.
8. Pursue interests and hobbies outside the organisation. They can provide relaxation and can bring out your creative ideas which you can share to your team.
9. Get a coach or mentor. A professional mentor is trained and skilled at helping managers understand what would work best for them, what their weaknesses and strengths are, and how they can move themselves as well as their performance to the next level. For professional management courses Melbourne, visit the website of INSTITUTE FOR COMMUNICATION MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP by following the provided links.
Attention! This Offer May Be Removed At Anytime...
FREE! Brand *NEW* Report Reveals How to Add 100 Leads to Your List Every Day for Free!
WARNING: this is only for people serious
This is a free offer and credit card is NOT required.